The Wisconsin Woodworkers' Guild was organized in 1982 as a non-profit organization. We welcome into membership all men and women who are interested in woodworking, whether they are professionals or amateurs. The objectives of the Guild are the enjoyment and furtherance of the art of woodworking for its members, through educational activities such as workshops, seminars, lectures, and exhibits. These objectives include ...
- Good Fellowship
- Service to the Community
- Exchange of Knowledge and Education through:
- Lectures from master woodworkers, crafts experts, and industrial representatives
- and Hands-on Workshops.
We have approximately 100 members. Most are hobbyists. Currently our dues are $35 per year. Your membership card is the key to the many benefits listed below. For more information see Membership Info . The Guild members are active in the program of making and donating toys to children in the December time-frame through the various agencies that care for, and run shelters for, battered spouses and their families. Over 300 toys were constructed and donated to these children last year. All of them were top quality and some of them will probably become heirlooms. We have several programs each year in which Guild members actively participate. It might be Show and Tell, a Demonstration of Jigs and Fixtures, or as a presenter for a portion of a main program. Main programs are generally on the first Thursday of each month. We seek out and "import" nationally and internationally recognized woodworkers to present topics of interest to our Guild members. We also actively solicit comments from the membership about topics of interest.
We currently meet at:
14115 W Greenfield Ave, New Berlin, WI 53005
Map to WoodCraft meeting location
Meeting Time: 7PM, but be there early if you want a good seat (doors open at 6:30PM).
Our Benefits include:
- One free program every month, except August when there is no meeting and in December when we have our Christmas party and dinner (at additional cost).
- Monthly newsletter, put out by our Publishing committee, called R.I.P.S.A.W. Review, keeps our members abreast of Guild news, topics, and activities.
- Any Guild member may contribute to the newsletter, or place an advertisement in the newletter.
- Annual Membership Directory
- Extensive (and growing) Library of books, videotapes, and other materials available at our monthly meetings.
- Networking with other woodworkers.
- Reduced prices on products through some of our Friends of the Guild
- Display tables at each monthly meeting provide opportunities for each member to share their work with others, and to learn from others.
- Raffle tickets and door prizes (no not a real door!) at each monthly meeting act as fundraisers for the Guild and provide value for the members that participate in the raffle.
- Additional programs, seminars, and workshops may require an additional fee, but are available to members at substantial savings compared to similar opportunities elsewhere.
Last Update: 02/25/2015
Web Author: Dave Steingart
Copyright ©1997-2004 by Wisconsin Woodworkers Guild - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED